Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Your mission if you choose to accept it: Adventures at a Hollywood Premiere

I went with my parents one time to the premiere of Mission Impossible II.

I was roughly 14/15 years old.

*Important piece of background info: When I was little my parents never really made it a priority for me to remember their friends/coworkers name, so I had to pretend to know a lot of people at one time or another. This still happens but since I'm not a kid anymore, it just makes me a dick.


Anyways, we see the movie (rad, duh) then head to the party.

These were usually pretty boring for me as it's really just BnS (boozing and schmoozing) so I'm kinda standing behind my mom as she is talking to someone. My dad is off somewhere else in the party.

I'm bored when some guy comes up to me (*it factors in here) and starts to talk to me.

Normal chit chat with what I assume is my parent's friend.

Then he asks me a question
"Why aren't you dancing?

(there was at least a dancefloor FYI)

me: um well you know I'm not much of a dancer.

him: oh yeah you don't want to get all sweaty...

RED FLAG ALERT

yeah so here's where I go. Holy shit, I have ZERO idea who this dude is.

He then says something else like creeper-ish (for the sake of this post, I wish I could remember but I just HAD to take the SAT's and remember shit for that)

I am pulling the hand of my mother, whose conversation has just wrapped up.

At this point, I think the dude caught wind that something was "off" and peaced out.


I was 14 he was 30ish, Courtney Stodden eat your heart out.




No comments: