Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rick Dees

I used to listen to KIIS-FM every morning before I got ready to go to school.

The DJ at the time was Rick Dees. Yes, the man behind "Disco Duck."

This man might be older than water.

He babysat Casey Casem.


Anyways, you get it.

So Rick announces that he is going to play a short clip of a song run backwards.

Identify the song and win a prize.

I called in on a lark (I would occasionally but after the 2nd busy tone, apathy set in) and it starts to ring.

An operator answers and asks me name date etc and tells me that I'm going to be on air.


I hold for a few moments. My heart is racing as clearly this is my debut into stardom.

Rick gets on the line and asks a couple quick questions, then we get down to brass tacks.

He plays the song.

I make my guess.





Incorrect.


BUT he says that since I've been such a good sport and that since I sound so sexy (this is where I start to think things are going south) I'm going to get a prize anyways.


He tells me that I'm the proud new owner of a g-string.


As I was about to alert him to his Pedobear status, I was "disconnected."

Thank you Rick Dees for that moment.


Coulda gotten a g-string.


No comments: