Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jew-wanna-man


Ok so how jewish is jewish?

I mean I wasn't raised jewish and I didn't come out of a jewish vagina so that's pretty unjewish.

BUT i have an estranged rabbi uncle! Also, the jew blood runs through my veins and I feel like the sarcasm also gives me more jew cred.

I ask this because I want to be on J-date.

I don't think it's technically a fetish when my real type is "having of a pulse" but I totally cop to loving the sarcasm and well neuroses are the ties that bind.

It's a whole nother discussion when it comes to online dating in general but I am a nerd and I don't really go outside except for going to movies and I am terrifying and apparently other nerds scare easy? I don't really have the answer to why I don't really meet people but that's a nother nother discussion. I think online dating is fine when you're not of MTV age and I think I am still in their demo for another two years.

Because I didn't meet anyone in college I immediately feel behind in the game. I mean don't get me wrong because I'd rather be in my situation than married to anyone I met in college. Really. And I am sure there were amazing nerds hiding but alas I went greek so I kinda shot myself in the foot with that one. On the plus side being greek was way more rape-y and now I could end up writing a straight to dvd classic. I like to keep positive.

So do I wait er out or well lower my standards?

Whatever I guess, back to the jew-scussion.

It would be weird if I joined a black dating site. Does the same apply with a religious and cultural tradition instead of skin color?

There isn't really much of a point to this as, even if I did join, I almost guarantee that I am going to get enough attention to boost my self asteem to like indigo on the terror color coordination chart, get creeped out and quit.


Are there others like me, indoor cats, nerds, sitting on their couches at 3 am watching Buffy (hopefully not...maybe BSG...yeah...more masculine. Male buffy fans...confused people or TV nerds, perhaps both) thinking the same thing?

For the record I have been on J-Date and I tried as much as I could to assert my lack of any knowledge of Jewish religion or history (My mom, former deacon at Bel-Air Pres, called me the worst jew ever because upon reading about Alfred Molina's Playbill interview, I asked my mother, what's a YAR-MULKE?) but then I got an IM from a rabbi who wanted to chat me up? What was he looking for? A rebel (Dottie)?

Basically any sort of face to face human interaction terrifies me and so I prefer digital screens. Not that this is case in point.

If life was Three's Company (which I wish it was) I would be some freakish Mr Roper/Janet/Jack hybrid. That sounded cooler than I expected. Throw in Mrs. Roper's caftans and I embrace 23-yr-old spinsterdom.


Until then, there's always cable.

No comments: